Thursday, 16 June 2016

Fire Razes UBTH Neurosurgery Ward


On Tuesday, the Neurosurgery ward of the University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH) was razed by fire which emanated from an electrical source in one of the doctor's offices.

The fire which started around 7pm  immediately spread through the electrical wires on the roof to the whole ward covering the entire ward with thick smoke.

The neurosurgery ward had over 30 patients on admission as at the time of the incident.

A Medicalworldnigeria reporter and the ward Consultant, Dr. Udoh  were in the ward when the fire started and joined others in the evacuation of patients to safety.

The fire was successfully brought under control by the joint efforts of the UBTH, UNIBEN and Edo state fire service after all the patients were evacuated and the Chief Medical Director of the hospital, Prof. Michael Ibadin has ordered a full investigation into the incident.

SOURCE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cord blood: The blood "miracle"

Did you know how important cord blood is? I'm guessing no but in the next couple of years, it will be much more popular than it is no...