Dr. Olurotimi Badero (MD, F.A.C.P, F.A.S.N, F.A.C.C, F.S.C.A.I) is currently the ONLY fully trained and board certified cardio-nephrologist (combined kidney and heart specialist) in the world today.
The Obafemi Awolowo University (O.A.U) medical graduate is now a specialist in 7 different areas of medicine including: internal medicine, cardiovascular medicine, invasive & interventional cardiology, nephrology and hypertension, interventional nephrology & endovascular medicine, nuclear cardiology as well as peripheral vascular interventions.
In his words, "I would like to think of myself as an interventional cardio-nephrologist as well as a peripheral vascular interventionalist."
Altogether, Dr. Badero spent ten years of continuous post-graduate medical training.
He is currently a:
1. Fellow of the American College of Physicians
2. Fellow of the American Society of Nephrology
3. Fellow of the American College of Cardiology
4. Fellow of the Society for Cardiac Angiography & Interventions.
He performed the first transradial cardiac catheterization and coronary angioplasty at Central Mississippi Medical Centre.
He's also a recipient of many awards including:
- The Association of Black Cardiologists scholarship award for the Best Cardiology Fellow in the U.S.
- The 2014 Mississippi Healthcare Heroes in the state of Mississippi.
- He was also named one of Jackson, Mississippi's Best Surgeons.
Dr. Badero has authored many peer reviewed journals and he is currently on the editorial board of the International Journal of Nephrology & Renovascular Disease.
All I can say is WOW!!!! If it were a lady, I'd say beauty and brains....10 years post- graduate training is not "beans."